Sacramento, CA, July 13, 2019 – Pacific Charter Institute (PCI) is proud to announce its 15th year as a nonprofit organization serving independent study students in the region. PCI supports four TK-12th grade charter schools with four different school district authorizers: Heritage Peak Charter School, Rio Valley Charter School, Valley View Charter Prep, and Sutter Peak Charter Academy. Each school provides state-accredited teachers to support families using home-based independent study or a modified attendance resource center option as an alternative to traditional learning pathways. Pacific Charter Institute is proud of the following ongoing achievements:
• Full accreditations from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) earned by all four PCI charter schools
• Maintaining sound legal and fiduciary procedural compliance adherence as reviewed by state approved certified independent auditors
• Successful charter renewals for all four schools by the respective school district authorizers promoting educational choices for all students
• Increased academic growth based on internal and external student achievement evaluation tools including academic proficiency, graduation rates, and career and college readiness
• Educating over 3,000 students across 16 counties in the 2018-19 school year
• Expert a-g instruction by in-house single subject teachers in person or in a virtual classroom setting throughout the 16 counties
• Providing career and college readiness programs including medical assisting, EKG technician, field placements for students, and beginning the newly partnered Amazon Future Engineer program
• Articulation agreements with local community colleges for college and career courses
• 15 years of special education support of students without ever requiring fair hearings
• Development of a multi-faceted student support system for mental health, housing insecurity, and basic needs outreach
• The majority of PCI staff voluntarily making monthly contributions to the graduation scholarship program exceeding $10,000 annually
• New implementation of AVID: Advancement Via Individual Determination with over 50
teachers being trained from Heritage Peak Charter School and Rio Valley Charter School
Thank you to our teachers, families, partners, and the communities we serve for your support in helping all students succeed! For a few of their stories, visit: https://vimeo.com/channels/pcischools.
To learn more about Pacific Charter Institute, please visit www.pacificcharters.org.